Monday 24 June 2013

compile time statements and execution time statements in SAS

Corresponding to the two phases of the DATA step, there are two types of DATA step statements:
compile time statements and execution time statements

As their names suggest compile time statements do their work at compile time and execution statements do their work during the execution of the DATA step.

Some examples of execution time statements are:

• Assignment statements (variable = value;).
• If-then/else statements.
• Do loops.
• Generally any statement which relies upon the values of variables stored in the PDV.

Some examples of compile time statements are:

• Retain statement.
• Array declarations.
• Drop statement.
• Keep statement.
• Rename statement.

14 comments:

  1. Beneficial Web site, Searching for Coaching upon SAS BI, Check this site for trainings on emerging IT courses . Go here if you’re looking for training on SaS BI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worthful SAS Programming tutorial. Appreciate a lot for taking up the pain to write such a quality content on SAS Programming tutorial. Just now I watched this similar SAS Programming tutorial and I think this will enhance the knowledge of other visitors for sure. Thanks anyway.:-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PtMFE4IjLg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a spam problem on this website; I also am a blogger, and I was curious about your situation; many of us have created some nice procedures and we are looking to trade strategies with other folks, please shoot me an e-mail if interested.
    milling services edmonton

    ReplyDelete
  4. My partner and I stumbled over here by a different website and thought I should check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you. Look forward to finding out about your web page for a second time.
    cnc machining services

    ReplyDelete